10. Cute kids — Look at the poise of the little girl in the middle. She’s ready to be a leader.
9. Enthusiastic Greeks — At least six black greek organizations participated, but the AKAs and the Alphas really stepped.
8. Celebrities — Doug E. Fresh rolled through and presided over an impromptu crowd performance of his namesake dance.
7. The Mason’s Sense of Style — Fitted.
6. Marching Bands of Baltimore — Marching bands are to Baltimoreans what churches are to black people — apparently, everybody belongs to one. About a dozen participated in the parade, bringing the percussive noise and funk.
3. Sideshows — Musicians like this one performed sideshows on the sidewalk along the parade route.
2. Hustlers and Street Vendors — People were selling everything flags to foot massages with pedicures on 125th St.